Monday 23 April 2012

Low Carb Blueberry Banana Pancakes

I don't know about you, but I love Pinterest (pinterest.com for those who haven't found this gem yet). I do find a lot of fashion ideas on there that I love and try and replicate in my own wardrobe, but I also love the recipes that I find! There are so many great low-carb recipes out there, and Pinterest is an easy way to find them quickly and keep hold of them without having to copy them out into your recipe book or save them in some hidden folder on your desktop.

Since I was having trouble with high blood sugars yesterday, I haven't had any real substantial food since lunch yesterday! I woke up absolutely ravenous and decided to try this delicious pancake recipe which contains no flour, so has very little carb content to deal with - bonus!
The recipe originally came from http://www.greenkitchenstories.com/ , a vegetarian recipe blog. I included my modified version of the recipe below, and an estimated carb count for the finished product (my recipe made 4 reasonably sized pancakes).


Blueberry Banana Pancakes: 


1.5 bananas
3 eggs
1/2 c. unsweetened coconut flakes
1/3 c. frozen unsweetened blueberries
1 tsp. cinnamon


Mash the bananas with a fork, or blender (I'm lacking this kind of technology in my student home..) Beat eggs together and mix in with bananas. Add coconut, blueberries, and cinnamon and stir. Heat frying pan (medium heat, or 5-6 if you have a numerical stovetop) and fry pancakes on both sides. Serve with your favourite pancake topping (I like E.D. Smith No Sugar Added Syrup) 

So easy and so yummy!


PS. If you're on Pinterest, find me and have a look at my "Recipes" board for more ideas!
http://pinterest.com/southchinasea/

No comments:

Post a Comment